After taking a year off for the America’s Cup, the SoCal Ta-Ta was back in 2014 with another week of as-good-as-it-gets sailing. Charter guests Scott, Mark, Charlie, and Simon enjoyed a week of spinnaker runs between the SoCal coast and the Channel Islands while polishing their downwind driving skills.
The travel plan alternated between half-day reaches between destinations (usually 20-25 miles) and days spent enjoying SoCal’s harbors and island anchorages while socializing with the rest of the Ta-Ta fleet. This year’s itinerary in a nutshell:
- Mon 9/8: Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz Island
- Tue: Lay day exploring Santa Cruz Island
- Wed: Sail to Channel Islands Harbor; evening party
- Thu: Sail to Paradise Cove in Malibu
- Fri: Sail to Catalina Island
- Sat: Lay day and pot-luck BBQ in Catalina
This is one of the finest sailing experiences around—just look at the smile on Charlie’s face!
You won’t want to miss next year’s Ta-Ta.
More Ta-Ta photos